Why do you need a trustful real estate agent?
To avoid the Classic TRAPS when buying a property in Costa Rica:
- VERIFY: THE ACCESSIBILITY of water when buying a land
- VERIFY: that the one selling is the OWNER
- Do NOT think it will get cheaper to by pass a professional agency. The absence of legal information could cost you an arm and a leg
- VERIFY that the land chosen for your commercial project TOUCHES a PUBLIC ROAD
- Our precious legal PARTNERSHIP assures you a perfectly SAFE investment
There are too many “uninformed” real estate agents just seeking for a sales commission and their practices are sometimes questionable. At IMMO Costa Rica, we provide you with legal counsel 24/7.
What are the buying steps?
- IMMO Costa Rica draft your formal and written offer to purchase
- You will hire a trustful lawyer. Fees are about 5% of the selling price
- Once the offer accepted by the seller, your lawyer will open an escrow account (a third party account)
- You will transfer the deposit, usually 10% of the agreed selling price to the escrow account. The money stays there until the due diligence (DD) has been performed and that the property is cleared
- Your lawyers will perform the due diligence on the property, verifying every single aspect for you to proceed with a safe investment
- Your lawyers will create a corporation that will own the property. You will own the shares of that corporation
- Once the DD cleared, your lawyers will proceed to the closing
- At closing, the rest of the amount will be due
- Your lawyer will register the sale at the National Registry
— The real estate fees are paid by the seller —
Why you must have a legal counsel when investing in Costa Rica?
- Having the right legal information at the right time is THE KEY to any successful purchase.
- Although being a very SAFE country to invest in, you need to be informed about the proper regulations to fully protect your investment in Costa Rica. Well informed and professionally advised, the risks fall to NONE!